Sunday, July 3, 2011

27 Weeks!


I'm 27 weeks!
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 27 Weeks

Size of baby: Cora Jane is the size of an eggplant.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained 14 pounds and I feel it!!!!

Maternity Clothes: I have to wash clothes often.  I'm sure my family is tired of seeing the same clothes, but I have a limited amount.
Gender: It's a GIRL! Cora Jane (double name)

Stretch Marks: Thankfully none yet!

Belly button in or out: It is still in, but it won't be long!

Movement: She is very active after I eat a meal.  She has some body part stuck under my right rib cage.
Sleep: Last week I didn't sleep very well.  I was waking up very early, sometime between the hours of 3AM and 6AM, and not able to go back to sleep.  I did take a few naps last week.

What I miss: I miss my SLEEP!!
Cravings: I still drink my lemonade everyday, but I also craved Fireh0use Subs!

Symptoms: Oh, how my hips hurt.  I think that this had a lot to do with me losing sleep.

Best Moment this week: The best moments of the week:
  • We went for our reglular check up and everything is looking great.  I PASSED THE SUGAR TEST!!!  Yeah!!!  It is hard to believe that after our next doctor visit we start our two week visits.  Only 13 more weeks before we get to meet our little girl!!!
  • We got the chair for Cora Jane's room.  I can not wait to have her room ready.


We started our rotations within the OB practice and our doctor this month was the doctor that delivered the sextuplets.  I'll be honest I wasn't very excited about having to see other doctors, but I was very impressed with Dr. McKenzie.  He was super nice and very informative.  And we got to see his humerous side.  He was finishing up with us and he made the comment that after they deliever the baby the doctor's like to pray over the baby and that most of those babies grow up to be Alabama fans.  He then asked, "Will this be a problem with y'all?"  Of course we told him that it would be a problem (Donny had his Auburn hat on.)  Then after he walked out of the room and called us out in the hallway.  He made us promise that we wouldn't be offended.  He walks us to the bullentin board with birth annoucements and Christmas cards.  He proceeds to explain that this was his families Christmas card and the picture on the front was the photo that his sweet wife approved of, which was a nice family picture.  He then flips open the card and it is a picture of his entire family dressed in Oregon Duck attire while each one of them is holding up their hands in the form of an "O."  He said that he caught a little grief from the Auburn fans with that picture.  I game him credit and said that it was very clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment