Thursday, October 13, 2011

2 Weeks Old


My sweet baby girl is already 2 weeks old.  It is hard to believe that two weeks have passed since we brought her into this world.  It has been a roller coaster ride.  We've had our good and bad day/nights (mostly rough nights), but we are making progress.  We had her two week check-up today.  The doctor was pleased with her progress minus the fact that she needs to gain a little more weight.  He wants her to gain a half an ounces a day.  We go back next week to check her weight again.  We are on medicine for reflux and sleeping on a wedge (a lifesaver.)  We are getting our schedule worked out.  She eats every three hours and can make it at night about 4 hours.  Bless her little heart...she has really bad diaper rash.  Hopefully we got some good cream that is going to clear it up quickly. 

Cora Jane sleeping on the wedge.


2 week stats:
Date: 10-13-11
Weight: 6 lbs. 9 oz.
Height 19 1/2 inches
Head circumference: 13 1/2 inches

To my sweet Cora Jane,

I can't believe that I could love someone so much.  I adore everything about you.  I love to just sit and look at you.  The one thing that just tickles my heart right now is right before you go to sleep you get crazy eyes (they roll around) and then you get this cute little smile on your face.  You are growing so fast.  Mommy and Daddy love you to the moon and back.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

*I still haven't finished with our "Birth" Day post.  Hopefully it will be up soon.  I'm starting to settle into my new normal.
**We also had her newborn pictures taken yesterday.  If you are on FB you can catch a sneak peek here.  There are 4 pictures of Cora Jane.  I can't wait to see the entire session that Jessica did for us.  She is so talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment