Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Busy Week In July

We had an extremely busy week and it revolved around doctor's appointments (three for me plus physical therapy and surgery for Cora Jane.) Monday I had to meet with the surgeon about having my gallbladder removed. I was able to get that scheduled and while I was there I went ahead and did my pre-admission testing, which made for a long afternoon. Mrs. Anita had Cora Jane and I got her home just time for her late afternoon nap.

Tuesday I had my physical therapy early and then it off to the eye doctor. Physical therapy was brutal and I had a rough week with pain. After PT I went to get my annual eye exam. Now, I still can't see with a darn without my contacts or glasses, but I'm thankful that for one year my eyes hadn't changed. I decided to get new glasses so I can take a break from my contacts every once in a while. Cora Jane was at Donny's parents house for the day, so I was kind of lost without her. I stopped by to see my mom, went to lunch with friends, went to TRC to cut out letters, and to the grocery store. I picked Cora Jane up at 3:30 and I was so glad to have her home with me.

Wednesday we had a very early start. We had to have Cora Jane at the hospital at 5:00 to get her tubes. She was so confused as to why in the world I would wake her up two hours before she ever thought about waking up. I was a strong mommy. The waiting in the small room was working me up, but about the time I was getting very anxious they came to give Cora Jane her medicine. Thankfully they make it a quick process of taking her away. But I must say that watching her once she got the medicine to calm her was hilarious. She was moving in slow motion and her eyes were so heavy. She hasn't had much to do with her daddy lately, but she was loving on him. It was so sweet. We weren't in the waiting room but about 20 minutes (if that) before they came to get us. The doctor said she did great and give us instructions. Once they got her to recovery we were able to go back. They warned us that she wouldn't be happy and that was a huge understatement. I calmed her as much as I could and we left. We got her to the car and I fed her breakfast. She seemed better, but was so tired. She was asleep by the time we were pulling out of the parking deck. We got home shortly after eight and she slept for three hours. Mommy and daddy took naps too! She was fine after she got up. We are hoping that the tubes will help her out.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
Before medicine!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
After medicine!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
She was feeling good!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
Hanging out with mommy.  (That mess is the clothes I was trying to fold.)

Cora Jane got to tag along with me to the gastro doctor on Thursday. She was a trooper thanks to puffs. We got home and played before her nap then it was off to the Cofers' for dinner. It was one of my favorite meals which included fired okra, squash, peas, cornbread, and grilled sausage!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
Trying to capture a picture with her and her hairbow...a chore a must say!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
The headband only lasted about 30 seconds.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
The girl loves to hang out in the kitchen.  She got under the chair and out again all by herself.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
Relaxing on the couch with mommy.

Thankfully Friday was a low key day, which meant I didn't put on make-up. Cora Jane took really good naps. We did get out of the house to go pick up my glasses, made a stop by to see my mom (so she could show Cora Jane off), then a visit to the library.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
I mixed her breakfast oatmeal with bluesberries and she LOVED it.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
Cora Jane giving her daddy some lovin'.

On Saturday we made a trip to Trussv!lle for Ty's sixth birthday party. We haven't seen the Bambergs' in quite some time so, it was so good to see them. I can't believe that Ty is going to start school this year. I remember going to see them after he was born, which was the summer Donny and I started dating. I digress...Cora Jane did great at the party, but she slept good on the way home.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
Celebrating the birthday boy!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
Sweet girl sleeping good on the way home.  She partied too hard.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
I read her this book for the first time and it made me tear up.  So sweet!

 Sunday was a mommy/daughter day because daddy was at work. We went to church and then came home to take a nap. Yep, I took one while she slept. We had an early dinner at Zaps then spent some time at my mom's house. Mom's church had there annual ice cream social so we went there and enjoyed the fellowship. 

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
I love that smile!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
She really liked seeing herself on the screen.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App
The expression on her face is ADORABLE!


No comments:

Post a Comment