Monday, July 30, 2012

10 months


My sweet Cora Jane I can't believe that our first summer is coming to a close.  You have been so much fun and I know that I'm going to miss you so much when momma has to go back to work.  We have had an eventful month of July.  So, here is what you've been up to...
  • You have the sweet laugh that melts my heart every time I hear it.
  • I broke your heart when I was very stern with you about not biting.  You cried for 10 straight minutes.
  • I have a feeling that you might be defiant at times.  You try to undo your diaper while getting ready for bedtime and I pop your hand.  You just laugh!
  • We celebrated the fourth of July at home with Wade and Robin.
  • I had a bad momma moment.  You flipped off the changing pad.  Thankful you weren't hurt, but I was very upset.
  • You have been spoiled by your Mimi and the Cofers'.
  • The biggest thing was that you got tubes!  You did great after we got you home.
  • We have made several trips to the library.
  • You attended your first birthday party.  It was Ty's birthday.  You did so good and had plenty to watch that kept you entertained at the bowling alley.
  • Momma had surgery and couldn't take care of you for a couple of days.  You missed your momma!
  • You sometimes talk for almost an hour before you go to sleep at night.
  • You do so good when we make our weekly grocery store trips.
  • You got lots of new books this month from our book exchange.
  • Our car overheated and we had to hang out in Burger K!ng until the Cofers' could come get our car after we got lost in the parking deck at St. Vincent's. You were so tired, but you hung in there with me.
  • We celebrated Uncle Cody's birthday at Outb@ck and Mimi's birthday at Ll0yd's.
  • You hair has grown a lot.
  • You have been into exploring.  You have played in rice, in water, and with a lightbox.
  • I had to put you in 12 month pajamas this month and it was a sad moment for me.
  • You are knocking on 12 month clothes door.
  • You outgrew size 3 diapers this month.
  • You still take three naps a day.
  • You're still not a fan of formula.  You drink three "cups" of formula on a good day.
  • You weighed 19 pounds when you got your tubes.

*Not a quality picture!
This was how you were kicked back (notice her leg) while we were in search of our car at St. V!ncent's parking deck.  You got a lot of laughs.  It wasn't bothering you a bit that we got off the elevator numerous times.

No comments:

Post a Comment