Sunday, December 18, 2011

Busy Week

We had a very busy week!  I finally got our Christmas tree decorated and our Burlee on the door.  That's as much Christmas decorating that is going to happen at the Sisco house this year.  I've got a little girl to tend to these days and she of course takes priority.  The true meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus anyway.  I'm not even feeling like wrapping presents so Santa might leave all the gifts under the tree Christmas Eve.  On Wednesday Cora Jane made her first trip to Auburn.  I have been trying to make it down to see my friends and let them love on Cora Jane.  I hate that I didn't take any pictures.  She was a good baby considering that we left at 8:00 and didn't get home until almost 5.  She had the meltdown when we were about 20 miles from the exit on the interstate.  She fortunately sleep really well that night.  We had a relaxing day on Thursday and then a Mommy and Me Christmas party Friday night.  Cora Jane was the youngest, but it was still fun to see the other three kiddos playing.  We missed Jenny and Flynn though.  We are praying that he will get well so he can join us.  One day Cora Jane will be right there with them.  We did a painting activity which made for an interesting adventure with a 2.5 month old.  We were making Christmas trees with the kids hand prints.  We had to use Cora Jane's foot, but it turned out so cute!  Thanks Mrs. Tasha for such a fun time!  It was good for this mommy to have girl time with adults.  Then on Saturday night we headed out to the Bambergs for our annual Christmas party.  The ride up was not that much fun, because Donny had to stop twice to look for his Dirty Santa gift and every time the car stopped moving she was so fussy.  At the second L0we's I jumped in the drivers seat and rode around the parking lot.  I was so worried they were going to call the police on me, but I eventually just parked the car and got her out because we weren't going fast enough for her.  Once we got to Brad and Jami's she did so good.  I fed her and she got some loving from Jami and Camille.  Savannah Catherine is going to be such a good big sister (Camille is expecting another little girl any day now.)  Savannah Catherine helped me take care of Cora Jane all evening.  She has the sweetest heart!  The funniest part of the night was Donny's Dirty Santa gift.  It was in such a pretty package...a penguin Snugg!e.  It is always so good to see everyone. Jami host some great parties!  I hate that we only do it once a year.  We made it to church for the second Sunday in a row.  I of course was so nervous.  Because we were out so late last night Cora Jane slept almost to 8:00 this morning, which put our schedule off by two hours.  (I was going to let that baby SLEEP and so did mommy and daddy.)  I had to wake her up to go to church and she wants to know what's going on so I had to stand up most of the service.  She did fall asleep, but it was time to eat at noon and she let us know.  I left right as the pastor was finishing the message to go feed her.  We made it to eat Mexican for lunch.  She didn't like being in the car seat so I got her out.  She was so good while I ate my lunch.  She is one alert baby and wants to see what is going on around her. 

We hope that you have a blessed week!

*I've got to get better at taking pictures of our adventures!

Cora Jane's tiny footprints!

Savannah Catherine taking care of Cora Jane.


Donny and his Snugg!e reading Us Weekly magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment