Monday, January 18, 2010

A Beautiful Day

I have enjoyed my day off today. I did get a lot accomplished...cleaned the house, bought baby gift, worked on grad school assignments, and did my lesson plans for this week. I wish I could get more motivated to work on grad school work. I'm almost done...should be graduating in August. I do see the light at the end of the tunnel even though it is only the size of a pinhole. I want to be done so badly. I believe this internship is going to get the best of me. I have to mange some way to get 60 hours of work in my school library and teach at the same time. I'm already giving up my spring break to go visit a school in Mobile County to clock some hours. I also have to get 100 hours at a public library, which isn't so bad but I would rather be at home reading a book. YIKES!! Lord, be my strength.

I also have a heavy heart today. Tammy, one of my best friends, daughter is at UAB. I don't know a whole lot, but Jess is a very sick young lady and needs our prayers. Tammy says that her lupus is flared up. Also, our PTO president is fighting breast cancer again. Katerine Brannon is her name. I taught her son in third grade. And a childhood friend of mine lost his grandfather last week. This is the Lash family.

Back to work!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Shannon! All of your hard work will pay off soon. I remember the same feelings when it was time for my internship. And, just so you know I have been updating my blog. For some strange reason it's not updating on people's blog lists. I've tried to fix it but haven't had any luck and blogger is no help.

    ReplyDelete