Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It is Almost Here!

Christmas is just mere hours away. I did some last minute shopping today and you could not pay me to get out in that mess again. It was crazy. I was glad to get home after picking up the puppy dogs from mom and dad's. We piled up on the couch and took a nap. Okay, back to Christmas. I know that it is going to be hard not having my daddy here, but as I reflect on this year I can honestly say that it has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I've grown closer to the Lord, I've seen the Lord work miracles, and my marriage is grown closer to the Lord. All of this was at the expense of losing my daddy, but this is the prayer that I've prayed so many times "If that's what it takes Lord, Bring the Rain" and apparently that's what it was going to take. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think, miss, dream, hurt, or talk about my daddy. He will forever be in my heart. So, I not going to get caught up in the presents, the rush of life, but celebrate that the Lord sent his only Son so that I might have eternal life. I know that my daddy is in Heaven and I know that one day, because Jesus came that I will see my Heavenly Father and my daddy in Heaven.




Christmas time was always a wonderful time for our family. Dad always made it such a big deal. My sweet husband is doing an excellent job of making it a big deal this year. We are doing Christmas a little different this year for more than one reason. Cody and Donny have to work on Christmas Day so we are having Christmas Thursday morning...Santa and all! We are also doing everything at our house. Cody and mom agreed to spend the night here so that it could be like it used to be at mom and dad's. Please pray for us as we start new traditions and celebrate this wonderful time of year with dad.






Here are two random pictures of my husband, Donny, and I in Piedmont, Alabama.

















1 comment:

  1. Shannon, I'm writing this through the tears. You are an amazing woman. You've been through so much yet stay so strong. You and your mom are amazing women and I admire you both for that. We will be thinking of you and your family during this time. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete