- Your first food was avocados. You didn't like them at first, but mommy mixed some cereal with them and you ate them then.
- You have also eaten butternut squash, peas, sweet potatoes, and applesauce. I honestly can't tell you which is your favorite because you eat like a champ.
- You roll everywhere. If there is something you want you will find a way to get there.
- You found paper one morning before church and ate a few bites.
- You missed a week with Mrs. Amber because Alyssa had the chicken pox. You got passed around a lot that week.
- You looked adorable in your first Easter outfit.
- Mommy had surgery and your daddy took very good care of you while I recovered. I missed being able to hold you.
- Danielle went to Kindermus!k with us because I couldn't lift you. You had a great time and so did Danielle.
- You sat in a high chair for the first time and were a trooper while mommy and Mimi ate.
- You have started to wave. You haven't figured out what it means, but you do it at random times.
- You just started to scoot across the floor. I'm sure crawling won't be to far from now.
- You are completely off one of your medicines, but we are weaning you off of your Prilosec.
- Your spit up is much better.
- You have completely quit drinking your first morning bottle. You eat oatmeal mixed with your formula and applesauce.
- You still pretty much could do without your bottle, but Dr. Andy said you need at least 20 ounces of formula from your bottle a day. Sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't.
- You still take three naps, but they are getting shorter.
- You really like to sit up, but if you end up on your back you are okay mainly because you can roll any where you want to go.
- You love to watch the wind blow the leaves on trees.
- You are a great car rider now. You rarely cry and it makes for much smoother ride.
- You love music and it can calm you down when you get fussy. One of your Kindermus!k songs is your favorite.
- You definitely know your name.
- You love bath time as long as you aren't too tired.
- You still haven't cut a tooth, but we hope it will be soon.
- You are still in sixth month clothes.
- You are in wearing size 3 month diapers.
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Cora Jane was able to start baby food after her sixth month well baby check-up (although her ear wasn't completely healed.) For the past several months we have battled with her taking her bottles. She doesn't really like the bottle. She will push your hand away when she has had enough and will even pull it back if she does decide she wants more. There are some days that she will drink only 12 ounces, but I've decided to stop stressing over it. She is sleeping great and she will eat when she is hungry. I've tried giving her a cup, but she hasn't quite figured it out yet. So, I'm thankful that she likes baby food. I decided that since I wasn't able to breastfeed as long as I had hoped that I was at least going to make her baby food. I've really enjoyed it and it's so easy. Here is a clip of Cora Jane eating peas.